Passport the main identity for a people in this world to prove the citizenship of which country he or she belong from. This is the first document while travelling abroad to recognize the tourist. Also, it is needed with some important work in life which is related to the passport. For Bangladeshi people, it is also the same importance. So today I will give the whole information as a guideline about how to get a passport in Bangladesh for Bangladeshi citizens.
Things need to do before submitting the passport application:
- Two copy passport size (55×45) mm photograph in white background (must be in a matte paper)
- The national ID card or birth certificate.
- Chairman certificate for proven the citizenship of living area. (Especially for rural area people).
- If any government employee applies for a passport they must need the G.O or N.O.C.
- Deposit the passport fee of 3450 BDT (3000 taka passport fee and 15% vat of 450 BDT) with your proper information by your NID card to a registered bank like Sonali bank, Dhaka bank. Take the slip with deposit no. for needed in future.
- Fill out the passport application form through online by Bangladesh passport website properly with all your legal information and please check it before submitting. Print it out of 2 set copy with both the pages.
- Attach the photo by glue in the mark of photograph area. If the applicant is under 15 years then another 2 photographs of parents must be needed. Photo size is (30×25) mm.
- Then attested all the papers by a first-class government officer. Please do not attest the money receipt of the bank.
- Take all the documents must be two sets copy in the passport office.
Now all set to move the passport office whichever is nearest to you (my nearest is Regional Passport Office Jatrabari, but it is located in Jhilmil project, Keraniganj area.)
In the Passport Office:
Take all the relevant documents in a bag for safety. After reaching the passport office find the form checking counter and wait in line for your time. Then show all the documents to them. After checking is done they will send you to another room for biometric registration (photograph and fingerprints).
After completing that they will give a delivery slip with all of your giving information with a tentative passport collect date. Please check that form carefully with all the information. If anyone found any wrong they need to inform them on spot immediately. They will sort it out. If your passport contains any wrong information you will get trouble when you will apply for a visa to any country. So be careful about this.
After that wait for police verification of present and permanent address. Police will give you a call to find you. Please manage your professional documents before meeting them. It may take around two weeks to complete. Sometimes it may take more than that so inform the passport office about your problem with your documents what they ask to you if your passport is not ready in tentative date. Also, you can check your passport status online by Bangladesh passport office website. After all the process done of your passport you will get an SMS in your mobile no. which you gave on registration time. After getting the SMS now you can go again with the delivery slip to collect your passport from the passport office.
That’s all the process.
S.N. – Now almost all the region in Bangladesh has a passport office called as Regional Passport Office.